eastbay

eastbay

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Down and Out Bo-Bo

My first week of mommyhood full-time (since maternity leave) couldn't have come at a better time. Poor lil' Bo-Bo was feverish, fussy, snotty and sleepy for 4 straight days. Simply put, my lil' man was DOWN and OUT. He and Mom just snuggled all day and watched a lot of Thomas the Train, Sesame Street and Special Agent Oso. Was it painful, yes? Worth it? Absolutely!



There were a few bright spots, including a visit from Nana and Pops!




And finally on our 4th day, we had just enough sun and just enough winter warmth to venture on a little stroll downtown. After eating no breakfast...again, Bo devoured his Jamba Juice and it brought Mom to tears. Tears?!! A little overboard, yes, but when your lil guy doesn't eat, you just feel horrible!!!


I acutally should've started my tearing-up about 20 minutes later at Rite Aid when Bo spilled his Jamba Juice ALL OVER the stroller, and I dripped it ALL OVER the store before he said, "Uh-Oh, MOMMA!" I almost took a picture, and then I got self conscious that onlookers would think I was a freak for snapping before mopping!


So today, my lil guy was back to being "Bobies," "Bonkies," and "Bo-Bop;" he was just having the time of his life and feeling like a new man!!!




And that's when I saw them!!! The new chompers! I should've known he was teething after my experience the past year of those nagging symptoms.

So my "down and out" Bobo, had to pay the price as his teeth came "down and out" to join the party. It's a painful price to pay, but this toddler can't complain...have you seen this kid eat?


No comments:

Post a Comment