eastbay

eastbay

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane in Fairytale Town...

Growing up in the open countryside of Penryn with chickens, dogs and horses didn't exactly put downtown Sac in an EXCITING light for a 3 year old, but I do remember the AMAZING times I had at Fairytale Town. We brought Bo and the Turners this weekend after a long hiatus, and it was just as magical as I remember!

Me in the Cinderella Carriage circa 1985ish...

And Bo, 26 years later...same carriage, with just a touch of new paint!




Though Auntie Molly wasn't there to relive the memories, she was there in spirit:
Auntie Molls, 4 or 5 years oldish



The slide had gotten a facelift, but was still just as fun in 2011!



1985ish: Me and the twinzies in front, and Matt in the back right on the Carriage horses...



2011: Auntie Katels and Cousin Lukelicious in front, Mimi and Cousin Emmy in Back, and me and Bo-bo driving the carriage. Yeehaw!



One big change since the 1980's -no rollercoaster- but by the look on my face, I'm not sure I was a fan back then either.


2011: The wiggly see-saw and Sherwood Forest was just as fun!




With Katels and I both due in August, we look forward to returning with two more to add to the growing bunch!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you've joined the blogging madness! And I love this post. Fairytail Town is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute! That made me cry....waaah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah - these picture crack me up...I love that you put in old ones of you growing up. Love the bangs- I think I bet you though on having a bowl cut! How neat that you got to bring Bo there. Congratulations on the upcoming baby - super excited for you and your growing family!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage Turner photos are THE BEST. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete