eastbay

eastbay

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ode to Houston

Oh, how I will miss thee….

Two amazing friends for Bo and Ace and one amazing running partner and girlfriend for momma = Gregory, Alli, and Jenny, you will sooo be missed.

IMG_5658

IMG_0032

BO GREG

The beautiful parks, the world-class museums, and one of the country’s best zoo’s all within 4 miles?…I could go on and on and on. All I know is that we EMBRACED THE HELL out of these places. One of the most FUN years I’ve had being a Momma. These pics of our last trips to our favorite spots make me completely emo. Ugh.

IMG_5703

IMG_5709

IMG_5730

IMG_5745

The YMCA was my favorite place for “Hannah” time, because it was my one little “break” from my job. The kids loved the creative daycare, and I loved finally getting back into fitness. Plus, the kids’ gymnastics class, outdoor play pools, and classes became a spring staple for us.

IMG_0006

IMG_0017

IMG_0022

Bo’s buddy, Danielle, and her man, Coach Cohen were awesome friends and we wish them the best of luck at Harvard next season! I will never forget this crazy pool party in the rain storm, that ended soaking wet in their apartment : )

IMG_0035

I will miss My BYM Mother’s group and especially my friend, Jessica, who I met online and we met up on a blind mommy date at the park!!! LMAO. We still laugh about it. This SAHM crew was sweet, funny, and completely chill; that’s hard to find these days.

IMG_0063

So yes, I loved, loved loved living in Houston. Did I say I loved it yet? But of course, life isn’t all butterflies and rainbows as sometimes I pretend…there were definitely things I WILL NOT MISS!

I will not miss my kids literally sweating every ounce of hydration out of their bodies by 10 am:

IMG_0066

IMG_0069

I won’t miss our darling little home….looks can be deceiving. Now the area and the walkability was IDEAL and picturesque, but our lil’ yellow 1940’s charmer had lots of crooks and nannies that I can live without…especially the FIRE ANTS and COACHROACHES…I DESPISE THEM!

CVPNS (1)

And, finally, I WON’T MISS MY EXTENDED FAMILY; they will now be just a SHORT Drive away in the car back in Cali! 

Our last family trip was to Hermann Park and the Zoo. As usual, we had an awesome day together as a family.  If this picture could talk, it would say, no matter where we live, no matter how many times we move, home is where we hang our hearts. It’s not about the house, the material things that fill up the house, or even the dream city…it’s about making memories that bond you forever. We can do that anywhere.

IMG_0047

I hope the Bay and the BEST COAST is ready for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment