eastbay

eastbay

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Big Move

Foreword:
I am generally a very optimistic person. I was most likely born this way, since it’s the only way my super-impulsiveness can express itself, and most importantly, a great accessory (aka coping mechanism) when you are married to a College Coach.

The day after my sister’s wedding we moved to a beautiful, little district in Houston, Texas called West University Place. Exciting, yes! Terribly emotional and a tad scary? YES and YES! But everything seemed to be going as planned:

We got the keys…
IMG_0651

IMG_0650

The house was ready for move-in and Bo was BEYOND ecstatic to have a room again…

IMG_0652

but, Ladies and Gents, optimism can only get you so far when your moving truck is delayed…for…wait for it….9 #$$#%$# days. 9 days. N-I-N-E.

Am I being overdramatic?

Yes, OF COURSE, I AM. But nine MORE days in a tiny hotel room with an infant and a toddler in Houston…in the middle of August? Please note, we had already been living out of a suitcase since August 4th (yes, WEEKS). Oh, AND my husband who gives me a much needed break each day, was leaving on a Coaches’ retreat…PUT. A. FORK. IN. ME.

Nonetheless, us transients survived. And I apologized (after a few days) for retreating into un-optimistic-Hannah-ville (scary place, do not enter), because three little things changed EVERYTHING:

#1: King Suite at the Residence Inn.

IMG_0671

SPACE, SPACE, SPACE. This new suite with a bedroom meant that I would no longer have to hide in the bathroom binge-blogging for 3 hours a day while my children napped.

#2 West U Colonial Park Pool:

IMG_0665

IMG_0664

IMG_0662

Ok, this may be the coolest “pool” EVER, and it’s just a short walk from our house. Optimism meter pointing up.

#3. A Reality Check Road-trip

IMG_0807

I can’t unpack (where’s that da%n truck?), and I love exploring new places, so we met Daddy in Galveston on the last day of his retreat. Both kids slept during the drive, which meant I had time to think about how incredibly awful my life is…which means I fully realized how incredibly LAME I AM for thinking my life is hard.

Secondly, I realized my full-time job is to be the best parent I can to my little futures of the world, and I wasn’t pulling my weight. Optimistically speaking, we essentially have tons of free time to PLAY and EXPLORE while we wait for that darn truck. And we did.

IMG_0823

IMG_0817

IMG_0809

IMG_0793

IMG_0792

IMG_0759

IMG_0732

IMG_0731

Now, what to do for the next week? : )

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your honesty and even though I haven't moved in quite a while I feel like I could relate!! I envy your adventurous spirit, your support for Gus and his passion for coaching, and of course your love for your boys is abundantly clear! Love the updates xoxoxo Kimmie

    ReplyDelete