eastbay

eastbay

Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Furry af-Fair!


It’s State Fair time, and I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVE it!!!  My family still loves to go and yes, us country bumpkins still like to spend most of the time around all the animal exhibits. Saying the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree with Bo is putting it lightly. Bo was borderline inappropriate with the innocent and sweet animals in the petting zoo.

Who me?

IMG_5728-edited

I thought perhaps he had gotten more of the anti-animal Argenal genetics because of the way he’s abused our poor dog for the last year, but I was wrong. Future Farmers of America…watch out! It began innocently enough with a gentle- sharing of Sponge Bob with the local bacon2b…

IMG_5729IMG_5730

But then things got a little hairy…

IMG_5745IMG_5746IMG_5747IMG_5738
I was laughing hysterically from the sidelines watching my little Ace Ventura squeeze, kiss and longingly hug all the poor pets. I wasn’t worried until he literally threw a huge bear-hug on a LARGE LLAMA, and then, he proceeded to ring the animal’s neck…yes, by “ring” I mean shake his neck back and forth like a rag doll. AWESOME.

“Mimi, um Mimi, can ya’ not let Bo attempt to love strangle the largest animal in the petting zoo?

IMG_5741IMG_5740

We promptly made our exit with bribery of a train ride; it’s amazing how avoiding tantrums goes hand-in-hand with the exploitation of their favorite things. : )

Besides the Bo-menagerie hiccup, we EMBRACED all the agri-tastic things the State Fair has to offer and we had a blast for five hours. From posing with Clydesdales, to petting giant sturgeon, attempting roller coasters (one trip and he was SCREAMING for his life), riding tractors and flying jets, Bo had perhaps one of the best days of his life.

IMG_5751IMG_5754IMG_5757IMG_5759IMG_5761IMG_5765

And Bo and I DEVOURED a foot-long corndog, chocolate frosties, and cinnamon buns which are always located in the County Exhibits area. Don’t miss out on the buns or the dog! Soooooo worth it, especially when your baby to be “NEEDS” it!

photo[1]

And like the experienced briber that I am, I always hold true to my promises! We ended the day on the monorail train for Bo, and Kate and I finally got to put up our swollen, crying feet! 

IMG_5767

No comments:

Post a Comment