eastbay

eastbay

Friday, July 15, 2011

Gus Leaves his 20’s and Chico State Behind…

Nick Walsh’s surprise was PERFECTION! Gus had an extremely stressful week with interviewing at Davis and still hadn’t heard by Friday, which happened to be his 30th birthday! He came home from work that afternoon full of anxiety and  doubt. It was all erased when he looked out the window and saw our favorite Uncle Nico walking down the street!

IMG_5564IMG_5566IMG_5568IMG_5577 

His birthday night out consisted of celebrations all over downtown. Let’s just say I have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen someone so AWFUL on a mechanical bull as my husband. Is that mean?

IMG_5576IMG_5592

The next day we did outdoor games and a BBQ in true Chico-style with our favorite Chico family…THE CLINKS!!! Nico and Tex bonded and the baseball game was a hit with all the boys!

IMG_5600IMG_5640

IMG_5598IMG_5610

Happy Birthday Gus!!! Gus and I both agree that we definitely FEEL 30 (though, I am still 29!). I think when you wake up everyday at 6:30 ready to change diapers and play monster trucks, your roaring twenties seem far far away, but we both agree we couldn’t be happier about where we are in the 3rd decade of our short lives!

 IMG_5607IMG_5627IMG_5644IMG_5642

As most of you know, I do have a pretty good excuse for not blogging for almost a month! WE MOVED!!! Gus is now a coach at our Alma Mater…GO AGS, and we are now living in Sac-town! This blog showcases our LAST weekend in Chico and we had no idea at the time! Let’s just say it’s IMPOSSIBLE NOT to fall in love with Chico, CA, especially when we lived in such a fabulous location and darling neighborhood!

Bo and Momma spent 2 years in this backyard planting and playing in the dirt! IMG_5549 StitchIMG_5557IMG_5563

Father’s Day brought us one last visit from Nana and Poppa and one last walk to downtown to chow on chips at Tres Hombres and devour Gelato from Powell’s!

IMG_5646IMG_5649IMG_5650IMG_5651

I definitely shed some healthy tears looking at our empty house on the end of moving day, but I’m also so EXCITED for the future! We are now only 20 minutes from my family and loving living in Sacramento!  Like I said, it was a very bittersweet move, but I am BEYOND thrilled about our new house: it was built in 2006 – WOW, what a difference 50 years makes! : )

1 comment: