eastbay

eastbay

Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Grammy Awards

Bucket List. Check that one off. Gus and I both absolutely LOVE music and to be given the opportunity to go the the biggest awards show for music was a once-in-a-lifetime.

IMG_4009

Molly and Mike’s good friends were kind enough to include us on this amazing night; I’ve never felt more glamorous and all out GIDDY the entire NIGHT! And look at my hot date:

IMG_4005

One the coolest parts of the whole experience was the month leading up to it to find our outfits; my girlfriends, my sisters and even my mom and mother-in-law gave me their input and excited ideas. It was so fun just to get the opportunity to dress up, not to mention go a live concert of some of the best collaborations ever!!!

Renttherunway.com was good to us, and I highly recommend it for any event. Our trio of dresses ended up being quite patriotic, and this was not on purpose. This pic is simply the BEST, because we felt like celebs and we stopped traffic to pose here…luckily, because there was no traffic, we didn’t get hit. ; ) !

grammys5

We had an UNBELIEVABLE crew, and we made some lifelong friends that we still keep in touch with. That’s probably the highlight of the whole night.

grammys4

Look at all these Dapper Dads!

grammys3

And these ladies, I can’t say enough about. They all possess the kind of Beauty that radiates from the inside out. They are so much fun, such kind-hearted women; my only regret is that we don’t live closer.

grammys2

And what an entertaining experience it was to see the real red carpet, behind all the smoke and mirrors!

IMG_4010

Of course, we had to take a quick pose in front of the infamous Grammy sign on the red carpet. I’m just not sure why I thought I needed to bend down to get in the shot? hmmmm. Maybe I was star-struck.

IMG_4015

The awards show was more like a concert, and it was absolutely hands-down the best live music event I’ve ever been to. Beyonce and Jay-z got pretty crazy in the opening scene, and then Pink did acrobatics above us, Daft Punk and Pharrel lit up the stage, and we had a great view of John Legend singing “All of Me” to his wife under the spotlight. It was 3 hours of beautiful music including some legends like Paul and Ringo, and the very old Highway Men; I wish I could go back every year.

And the cherry on top? Meeting the star of one of my vices, reality TV (it’s so bad, it’s good). Tom, the bartender from Vanderpump Rules was so nice and later we even got a private tour from the owner of the restaurant! I think it had something to do with Guillermo’s obsession with the Lady in Red, the true superstar of the night, Katels.

grammys1

Besides being in starvation mode from 11am until 9pm (no food during filming), everything was perfection. I would love to go back, but if we never do, we made amazing memories to last. We can’t thank Dan and Valishia enough for including us.

No comments:

Post a Comment