eastbay

eastbay

Friday, January 10, 2014

Adventures of a SAHM

The sun is out…the boys are already restless; it’s time for an adventure. These are the BEST days for me as a Stay-At-Home-Mom. I get easily bored and unmotivated under a strict and monotonous schedule in the workplace, in fact, almost every job I’ve ever had just got plain suffocating after the 6-month mark…all except one that is:

IMG_3741

Because with my boys, I get to create the schedule and the adventure and it’s always different and changing. The love and enthusiasm for learning and adventure that my boys have is infectious; and they can’t wait to hop in the car and go explore.  And let’s be honest, it’s January; if I don’t get these two rambunctious wrestling frenemies out of the house I may need an intervention. : )

IMG_3744

So today we explored zero gravity in space…

IMG_3745

IMG_3749

Played a matching game with sharp teeth…

IMG_3750

Took a trip to Mars in a pod…

IMG_3751

IMG_3752

IMG_3755

Created our own lunar phases with the coolest spinning chair ever…

IMG_3761

IMG_3762

IMG_3768

And even had time for dress-up…

IMG_3770

We even checked out a new place the same day because they weren’t quite tired-out yet. Well, actually, I think my Groupon was about to expire, and I am too frugal to let it go to waste.

IMG_3772

IMG_3776

Though this museum was teeny and quick, the boys LOVED it.  The control tower with the voice-overs and realistic sound effects was a hit. And now onto my second favorite part of my job…the kids fall asleep in the back seat, and I get to listen to adult music for a gloriously peaceful trek home. Maybe this is the real reason why I love adventures with my boys? Hmmmmm. Guess we’ll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment